08 Jun (CLOSED) HIRING: Assistant Brewer – PART-TIME (CLOSED)
Assistant Brewer (PART-TIME)
Rainhard Brewing Co. – Toronto, ON
DEADLINE TO APPLY: JUNE 22, 2016
What the position entails:
This role is an entry level brewing and cellarman position that encompasses the whole brewing process, including, but not limited to, milling and mashing, lautering, boiling, post boil transferring, keg and bottle packaging. Upon successful training, you will be expected to run a full brew day on your own, as well as transfers from fermenters to packaging tanks.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Brewing & Cleaning (60%)
- Complete brewing process
- Monitor fermentation schedules, and yeast handling
- Perform quality control to ensure product meets our standards of quality.
- Monitor inventory of raw materials, including grain and hops
- Maintain a clean brewhouse and retail space
- Communicate regularly with Owner and head brewer
- Adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Packaging & Cleaning(30%)
- Cleaning and sanitizing of kegs and transfer hoses
- CIP of fermenters and brite tanks
- Follow SOP’s to meet quality specifications and ensure proper keg line operations.
- Follow packaging schedule and weekly cleanup
- Maintaining inventory and reporting low levels of inventory when necessary.
- Monitor gravities, temperatures, and carbonation
- Arrive to each shift on time with a positive attitude.
- Assist other departments as necessary.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, with a certificate or other advanced education in the brewing process.
Experience: No experience necessary, but is highly valued
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and work in wet and hot environment.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 kg, and be able to move kegs which weigh up to 75 kg.
Here’s What We Are Looking For:
- Prior brewing experience, or a degree/diploma in brewing
- Somebody who can demonstrate the ability to take instruction and work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Organization and time management
- Flexibility in thinking. Our plans change all the time, and we need somebody who can adapt
- Somebody who takes pride in their work
This is a part time position, with the potential for full time, as brewing competency is demonstrated and more responsibilities are taken.